Inspire a child to collects coins with this beautiful and affordable 2020 6-coin set.
While Canada is home to an estimated 80,000 species, many are facing an uncertain future. Habitat loss and human activities are putting our natural heritage at risk. But thanks to the efforts of organizations, volunteers and everyday Canadians hope is not lost. The future of our endangered species and habitats is in our hands, and this year’s specimen set is a reminder that conservation is a long-term commitment.
The 2020 Specimen Set’s dollar coin features the black-footed ferret. This once-lost resident of our grasslands has been the focus of decades-long recovery efforts led by volunteers and partners—including the Toronto Zoo, Calgary Zoo, Parks Canada and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service—who are working together to give this species another chance in Canada.
This affordable set makes a great gift, and it’s an easy way to share your passion and interests with a young one and to start them on their collecting journey. Order today.
SIX COINS IN ONE PACKAGE: You get a total of six coins: the special edition dollar coin, along with the 2020 designs for the two-dollar, 50-cent, 25-cent, 10-cent and 5-cent circulation coins. All six coins are presented in book-style packaging with a removable lens.
- NEW THEME: This year’s specimen set shifts the focus onto wildlife conservation by showcasing one of Canada’s endangered species on the specimen dollar coin.
- A RARE FINISH: Includes a rare 50-cent coin in a specimen finish — only available as part of this set.
- A DIFFERENT SPECIES: The specimen dollar has featured a different bird each year since 2004. With this year’s set, the black-footed ferret becomes the first mammal to appear on a specimen $1 coin—another set exclusive!
- EXCLUSIVE FINISH: All six coins in this set feature a specimen finish, with brilliant and frosted relief over a lined specimen background. We are the only mint in the world to offer an annual set in a specimen finish.
- LOWER MINTAGE: The mintage on this year’s specimen set is lower than last year’s, making this coin set more special.
$1 coin design:
Designed by Caitlin Lindstrom-Milne, your special $1 coin features a black-footed ferret (Mustela nigripes) in its natural grassland habitat, where it pauses at the edge of a burrow surrounded by grama grass. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
There are no reviews yet.